What personal data do we collect?
Personal data is all data related to an identified or identifiable person. An identifiable person is a person who can be directly or indirectly identified. We collect the following Personal Data:
Name and address;
IP address; and
Information about your purchase on and use of the website.
Certain Personal Data is necessary for the provision of our services – for example because without it we cannot process an order placed by you. If the provision of Personal Data is necessary for your use of our services, this will be indicated at the time that you provide your Personal Data.
How do we collect Personal Data?
We collect Personal Data in various ways, including:
- Via the website: We collect Personal Data via the website, for instance when you subscribe to a newsletter, create an account on the website or make a purchase via the website.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Handling and shipping your order;
To handle and ship your order (logistics, payments, returns)
- Service requests;
To handle your questions and requests
- Sending newsletters and/or marketing-related materials;
– To send you marketing-related e-mails regarding our services, products and other news about The cult of tomorrow.
– To send you e-mails containing personalized offers, based on your purchases and use of the website, or to you remind you that there are still products in your shopping basket on the website.
– These messages are sent subject to your permission, or insofar as we have a justifiable interest in doing so.
- Personalizing your website experience;
– To learn to understand your preferences, in order to configure the Website accordingly.
– We personalize your website experience provided you have given permission for this, or insofar as we have a justifiable interest in doing so.
With whom do we share your Personal Data?
The cult of tomorrow will not sell your information to third parties and will only provide them if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. We share your Personal Data with the following parties:
- Logistics providers, for delivery at the required address:
Among others: PostNL, DHL, DPD and UPS
- Financial service providers, to process the payment of your order:
Among others: Mollie payments, PayPal and Klarna*
- Marketing service providers:
Among others: Google and Facebook
* Klarna payment methods
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.
How long do we retain your Personal Data?
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary or permitted in the light of the purposes for which it was collected or is used (see the section “How do we use your Personal Data?”), unless we are required by law or regulation to retain your Personal Data for a shorter or longer period of time. We determine the specific retention period based on the following criteria:
- Name, address and contact details (email address, in some cases phone number), as well as payment details that become known to us when you place an order are always kept for at least 7 years (the retention period for the tax authorities), or as long as you are a customer with us. This with the aim of providing you with better service, for example for you to be able to view your order history. You will be regarded a customer until you inform us that you no longer wish to make use of our services. If you inform this to us, we will also view this as a request to be forgotten.
- Information about activities on our website (such as internet browser, device type, location, etc.) can be stored for a longer period of time for statistical purposes. However, these data will be anonymous and can not be traced back to a natural person.
The cult of tomorrow only uses technical and functional cookies, as well as analytical cookies that do not infringe your privacy. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. Their purpose is a smooth and pleasant user experience on our website, for example by remembering your preferences or to ensure that you do not have to log in every visit. We can also optimize our website using analytical cookies.
You always have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data, after which we will no longer process your data. The withdrawal of this consent does not affect the lawfulness of our data statement based on your consent, which took place prior to this withdrawal.
You also have the right to access your Personal Data and the right to rectify your Personal Data. If you want to know which of your Personal Data we process you can send us an e-mail with a request for insight.
If your information is incorrect, incomplete or not relevant, you can ask us in writing to change or supplement your information.
In addition, you have the right to delete your Personal Data, the right to limit processing and the right to object to processing. In addition, you have the right to transfer or make your data transferable. You can also make a written request for this. We will process your request within 30 days. ‘Written’ includes e-mail or by means of a contact form. You can e-mail your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.